Monday, May 19, 2008
"Why?" you may ask.
Well, growing up, I was not allowed to:
- Wear too much makeup
- Go to the mall if I were going to wear pants rather than a skirt
- Listen to Christian contemporary music--including Sandi Patti, who was too flashy
- Wear jeans to church on Sunday nights--or Wednesday nights
- Use playing cards
- Eat my sandwiches uncut, "like a truck driver"
- Watch "The Dukes of Hazard", "The A-Team", or "M*A*S*H"
Smirking, I challenged him, "Get Dad on the phone"! (Dad was in Nashville where my baby sister lives. She's not such a baby anymore. In fact, she just had her first little baby this past week!) So, Evan whips out his cell-phone (Yeah, I don't think I would have been allowed to have one of those, either) and puts Dad on speaker-phone: sure enough; Permission granted.
So I complied.
I cut his hair.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
I found this on another blog the other day.
I thought it was funny. It got me watching this guy's other videos.
To my brother Nathan: I recommend the Prairie Home Sausage video and the Cletus take the Reel videos. Oh, and the one called Corporate Worship Songs.
For those of you that know me, you will know that I like this sort of humor that rewrites words to existing songs. Maybe I am weird but I am glad to know that there is a guy making his living with my sense of humor. I take great comfort in knowing that I am not alone in my weirdness! *grin*