Monday, July 20, 2009

Passion fruit.


During our nightly walks to the neighbor-church VBS, we noticed these flowers trailing around the empty lot by our house. Upon closer inspection, they have several green fruits about the sized of Kiwis growing on them. I recognized the flowers as passion fruit flowers since, when we first moved in here there was a vine at the edge of our 'woods'.

Our vine disappeared and we never got any fruit off of it so we'll have to keep an eye on the neighboring patch. Hopefully, we can find a ripe one before any wildlife gets it first!

I don't know if they will be yellow or purple. To tell you the truth. I am not sure if I have ever even had passion fruit! I didn't know what color it was and wouldn't have recognized it if I saw it on a produce stand. Another thing I don't know is, "How do you eat it, anyway?!!"

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I've had passion fruit skittles:)