Monday, September 14, 2009

ten

September 11 is a birthday at our house!
This year Hannah turned ten! I can hardly believe it!

The big news for this year was that Steve's brother Daniel and his wife Bonita welcomed a tiny 3lb, 15oz baby girl the same day!

We packed ourselves together and headed to Chattanooga just to be there. Of course, the baby went straight to the NICU. She was doing quite well and I am pretty sure she was the biggest baby there though we didn't really get to see her, just a glimpse. Tiny, just the same. The good news is that she came out crying and has been breathing on her own!
Since all looked good, we came home that afternoon and remade plans to party with G'ma and G'pa falk at their house. We stopped and got the stuff to make subs for dinner (Hannah's request) and bought a cake (Oh, happy day; I LOVE storebought cakes!). We watched Hannah's new movie, Enchanted, and ate the cake.

So, it's official now. I have a child in double digits! I think that is some kind of milestone for a parent. Unfortunately, no presents for the parents are involved. Well... there was cake...

We got Hannah a digital camera and gave it to her early in case she had a chance to take pictures of the baby. As I suspected, no such luck but she was pretty happy anyway! I love watching the kids open birthday presents. The other five all clamoring around the birthday child calling, "Open mine first!!"and "Mine next!!" I love seeing their faces light up with pride when the careful Dollar Tree selection is properly admired. I also love watching my Grandpa enjoy the show. He really gets a kick out of not being able to see a thing around the horde of small partiers! :-) He laughs and smiles the whole time. And my dad gets it all on video. Or at least he tries to. Its that way every time. And it makes for a kind of comfortable, cozy predictability that we all enjoy.

8 comments:

junglemama said...

Happy Birthday!

Christie M said...

Happy Birthday double digit girl! :)
Time flies!
Love her excitement at her camera.

Beth Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Hannah! I can't believe you're 10!!

Dawn said...

Ten?
In-con-theeve-a-ble!

But then... I am certain your mother would agree that having a firstborn with the age in the double digits-beginning with THREE- is also hard to imagine!

Happy belated b-day, Miss Hannah!

Stange Family said...

she's beautiful!
what kind of camera did you get her?

Richard said...

Looks like a red Kodak Easyshare C180 (comes in blue, red, silver and teal)

Happy Belated Birthday, Hannah!!

Melissa E. said...

Richard may be right. It's Kodak. And it's red. And it was $98 on sale for $50--Sold. :-)

Richard said...

Wow - I'd have bought that for Ginger for her trip to California. Got close but not quite that good.

(I made my guess from your posted picture of Hannah holding the gift.)