Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tiny Nest


The top is a blurry photo of a jumbled section on the garage shelving. Below it you can see the hidden treasure that it holds, a cozy nest made of grass and moss and dead leaves and a single tiny white egg. The mom appears to be some sort of wren or sparrow. Just an ordinary brown bird who has taken advantage of the fact that I keep forgetting to close the garage door. I am pretty sure this is new within the last few days although I suspected she was up to something since I kept finding her in there. I wonder what she eats, If she eats bugs, then she'll probably find enough to get by in the garage but if she eats seeds, then maybe I should put a bit of seed in there in case I forget to open the door for her. I'll have to try and get a picture of the mama. We have skunks and coons around here that are attracted to the garbage cans in the garage and snoop around in there if we leave the door up so I can't just leave it up all the time or they'll likely find the nest.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

What a sweet little nest and egg!!!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

its mother abandond it so it wont hatch.to bad isnt it?well im having a sleepover so i have to get going.
hannah eimers