Thursday, September 4, 2008

venting but smiling.

(Vitali, looking all sweet and innocent.)

I woke up weary this morning. No one to blame but myself for staying up too late. (I got a new book at the library.) I am promising myself a quick nap this afternoon...we'll see.

Vitali has been trying my patience lately. I think he has five-minute-willpower. And that is a generous estimate. For instance,

Me, the other day: "Vitali! Don't bang on the walls with your hammers. That is the third time this morning I have had to tell you." It was 9:30am. "You may not play with your hammers any more today."

Time passes. approximately four minutes. Vitali and Ivy are arguing.

Vitali: "I had it first!!!"

Me: "What?"

Vitali: "I had it my malleto!"

Yes, you guessed it. 'Malleto' means 'Hammer'.

Arrrrgggghhhh!


He was cute last night, though. I was singing with my little malinkees (small ones) in their bed. Vitali loves to sing along. His rendition of this one, complete with arm motions, is so .... so .... so "Vitali":
"Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.
little ones to Him belong; they are weak but he is MUSCLES!"


Off to get ready for school today...
Melissa

Ps. Oops! I meant to post this on the adoption blog. I just put it over there, too. But with a different picture. for variety, you know.

2 comments:

Stefanie and Bill said...

love your blog. Were in ukraine aceepted a referral and bringing home 3 little boys (7, 4 and 2). God is good!

Anonymous said...

Stefanie, I would love to be invited to your blog, if you wouldn't mind.
I hope all is going well!