Thursday, March 29, 2007

Poor Ivy


Our sweet little Ivy is sick today. I was up with her in the night after she woke up sick and I had to change her sheets. We sat up for a good half hour while she jabbered happily on and on in her two-year-old chatter about the dog that had visited the yard that day and about Hannah and about Annette. Every thing she could think of that was an important part of her little world. Then she wanted me to sing "Jesus, Baby in a Manger" over and over. Suddenly, she was sleepy again so I put her back to bed where she slept the rest of the night.

I actually enjoy these little moments in the night sometimes. Of course I pay for it around 4:00 the next day, but I do get to keep the sweet memories and fortunately I usually get to forget the yucky sheets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks a whole heck of a lot better than I do when I'm sick.

Melissa E. said...

It must be my genes....