Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Cut-out Cookies!

Who doesn't love sugar cookies?!!
The girls and I decorated some cut out cookies for Thanksgiving. Leaves, turkeys, acorns and pumpkins. I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe. You can find it here.

(We are taking them with us to my parents' home where my brothers and my sister, their spouses and children and us will all gather to eat ourselves silly and play games and debate theology or politics and maybe play a little tennis and whatever else comes to mind... over 20 of us in all!)

The girls did a lot of licking. I am wondering about the wisdom of posting this before we set them out at Thanksgiving since my family may read this! I guess it will help me sort out who is reading the blog and who doesn't love me...Sob! Sniff!

Ivy took a bite out of a couple of her cookies. I guess she wanted to make sure they were good! Can you see one of hers in this picture of our finished products?

Annette's were the ones we all chose when we were done and we each got to eat one before I packed them away for Thanksgiving. Why? Well, see for yourself! You couldn't even tell what the original cookie shape was because they were so loaded with icing that it was pouring over the sides. Also, we had to eat them outside because she used so many sprinkles that they kept spilling off!

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

5 comments:

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

I'll take some of those cookies! I LOVE sugar cookies...actually, I just love sugar! :)
I'm packing...big surprise, huh?!
We have company coming in on Thursday, but the rest of the weekend is scheduled for last minute trips to the store and spending some quality time with the kids. I can't wait! ;)

Leslie said...

How fun! I want to decorate cookies at your house!

Anonymous said...

I checked the blog, Melissa. I guess I will be eating the other sweets.

junglemama said...

The cookies came out great. All of the finger licking makes the cookies extra special. ;)