Monday, February 2, 2009

Sun and Snow...

Sunday we had such beautiful weather! I don't know what the temps were but after the kids played in the yard awhile, we piled everyone into the car and went for a walk on the Dam near our house that is paved on top for walkers.

We had a great time and, in the sun, I was comfortable in a sleeveless top and sweatpants. We walked to the end of the walking area but instead of turning around, we climbed down over the rocks (PHEW! What a workout!!) that are meant to keep the banks from eroding and walked back to our car through a field. It felt like spring! Look at that sunshine!



Then, Monday brought a change in the weather....
Snow! The good kind of snow. The kind that falls when it is in the upper 30s. It fell in huge flakes and the kids were all hanging out my bedroom windows watching it pile up quickly. They hurried to get their morning jobs done and begged for a snow day from school (we settled on a half day).(Five of the six--Misha was doing something else,
I guess--hanging out the window of my bedroom)


Then they rushed out to play--"Rushed" being relative to the tedious amount of time it takes to suit up to play in the snow.
Everyone came in for lunch chilly and sopping.
See that big heap of wet clothes in the background?
They ate, and did Math homework, and then were back out again that afternoon (It was 42 degrees--perfect!) to help me build our yearly snow person.
My feet were wet but not cold as we ran in the snow and played snowball fights for quite a while. Steve came out and took some pictures. He got a bunch of really good ones that captured the explosion of snowballs on impact! It was fun to look through them all!(Haha! this is one of my favorites! Look at that smile on his face!
If only he had eyes in the back of his head...)

(Annette was inside defrosting by the time we took this picture)

The snow is still there this morning and I think i will allow another half day of school. This time I will opt to get some work done in between suiting and drying suits of little ones! We'll see how that goes.

Have a great day, everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!

Nataliya said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you had snow there! Of course, we already had too much snow in upstate NY this winter :)

Your pictures are GORGEOUS as usual!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Great pictures. I love your snow person.

Lynn Falk said...

Looks like fun! I wish it was 42 here while we have been out playing the snow! When it's only 12 it's not as fun. You can't even make a snowman or snowballs...

Steve captured some great pictures!!!

Grandma Falk said...

Yes, Steve got some great shots! I am so impressed!

Snow here in TN is like a great opportunity--You had better take advantage of it while it's there, because it won't be around long. This snow was a bit different. It stayed just cold enough to keep the snow around for a couple of days.

It is fun to see the expressions on the kids' face. Great fun, great memories, and it's free!